National Domestic Violence hotline 800-799-7233

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Poem from Kyle

A poem from Kyle

Mother Bear Mother Bear It was a cool summer morning the cemetery dripping wet from last nights dew.
The smell of yesterday's cut grass and the breeze blowing the relaxing aroma of lilac bushes.
I stand there and hear the birds chirping and the sound of water rushing out of the fountain.
The horizon lit with bright colors of red and orange.
The blueish, purple mix of colors made the tomb stone look soft and relaxing.
As I approach the stone, time seemed to stop, my heart felt to drop.
It's a sad feeling but a feeling of safety as I stood above my mothers grave.
Today is Sunday, the day we visited her.
I told her how things were going, but she can't talk back.
The words seemed to flow but I had to tell her it was time for me to go.
I walked away eyes starting to drip.
I stop and stared, and with a light voice I say "I love you".
Just to hear her say I love you back would be the best gift ever.
Hearing her voice would be so relaxing.
I tell myself this will never happen but I still stand there and listen.
Just waiting and waiting but nothing.
Not even a reply.

No comments: