National Domestic Violence hotline 800-799-7233

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Memory of Pam

On Saturday I was on my way to drop off Chase, he was staying with his friend. Well I passed a garage sale. I had to stop. I promised Chase this was the only one. Chase of course found something he wanted. He went up to ask the lady how much it was, he did not believe me as usual. Well the lady turned out to be a lady I would go to church with. She thought Chase looked like my younger brother David, she looked at me and said Jennifer. We were talking and then Chase said my moms sister died he said, she was a nurse. Chase has not spoken out loud to a stranger about Pam. So I started to tell the story, the lady sitting next to the lady asked if she was an OB nurse . She was holding a young child. A child Pam helped deliver. She was one year and two days. She remembered Pam, her nurse. Pam loved working with the babies and mothers. She worked so hard to get there. To Pam it was worth it! She was proud of herself and we as her family was proud. Pam was remembered by her patients! Pam was right by my side when I gave birth. She was great! She was a great mom! A great Friend! Forever is a huge word. For eternity; without end. It is still so unreal.
Last summer Pam and I were camping ( I was with my ex-husband). One day the ex said to me "the next time your family sees you, you'll be in the obituary. When I told my sister that day. She was ready to call my parents. She insisted I go to the YWCA. We picked when I was moving, July 29. Chelsie's birthday. I moved to my parents. Two months later Pam was murdered in cold blood! I replay the phone calls with him. Trying to see if there were any signals before the last call. It was to late she was gone. The world lost a good soul. She touched so many life's. She loved and was loved. A part of me is missing. Pam I miss you. Goodnight

No comments: